Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'll Be Home for Christmas!

Well friends, it's been an INCREDIBLE 6 weeks in India & Thailand. We've enjoyed every moment with our partners and the precious children we help care for. We still have a lot of stories, videos, and pictures to share, but for now - we are focused on getting HOME!


"I'll Be Home for Christmas" - never have 5 words sounded sweeter! I have a whole new respect for those who serve overseas during the holidays - whether in mission work or in the military. All of you - and your families - will be in my prayers this week. (And you incredible people are why I'm sharing the video/song above... it makes me cry every time!) Missing Thanksgiving was difficult, but Christmas would be even worse! I've honestly been pretending it's not Christmas this month - not really listening to Christmas music or watching Christmas movies so I didn't get too homesick. I am so glad we got to spend this precious time with our kids overseas, but I'm also grateful the timing worked out for us to come HOME before Christmas!

Right now, we are in the middle of our long trek home. We had a 6 hour flight to Korea - 12 hour layover (where we are right now) - next up is a 12 hour flight to Atlanta - and then a 4 hour drive home to Birmingham. If you think about it, please pray for traveling mercies for us!

This Christmas, I will have new burdens in my heart for "the least of these". The precious faces of our children will be fresh in my mind as I look at our Christmas tree. After spending time with forgotten children in hopeless situations, it will be much more meaningful to know that our Savior came to bring HOPE to the world! I'm looking forward to sharing about our time in a leper colony, our visit to a government orphanage in Thailand, and some exciting new projects for The Sound of Hope... but for now... MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours! May our love, hope, and generosity point others to Christ this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment