Wednesday, February 20, 2013

He Is On Our Side


For those who aren't friends with me on facebook - the latest update on our adoption is that our paperwork is definitely in Thailand, and it could be being reviewed at this very moment! It's crazy to think we could have an answer as early as tomorrow (though it may take a few more days/weeks.)

As I shared in my last blog, I have surprisingly felt a lot of peace the past few days. We have had so much confirmation that God was in this whole process, and I really believe this is the moment He's been leading us to all along! And of course, it's been amazing that we've had SO many people praying for this process and for us. I believe we will be approved and that GOD will get ALL the glory for this miracle!  But I have had my weak moments - when my flesh took over and I felt that all too familiar fear and panic set in. In moments of doubt and anxiety, I've had to remind myself that He is on our side!


This song has really comforted me today, as has the TRUTH that God is for us, and God is for adoption. He created adoption after all (read Ephesians 1) and He makes it very clear in scripture that He will love and care for orphans. His heart is for the least of these, and He blesses us when we care for them.

So when I wasn't listening to Bethany Dillon today, I've been burying myself in scripture. I'm continually reminding myself of TRUTH when I doubt, and these verses (many from friends) have really blessed my heart today. I thought I would share them here for anyone else out there who might be struggling with doubt or fear on their adoption journey! I hope these verses speak TRUTH and PEACE to you today!

God cares for orphans.

“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”
John 14:18

“A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.”
Psalm 68:5

“God sets the lonely in families…”
Psalm 68:6a


God is ABLE. Even the impossible, is possible to Him!

“For nothing is impossible with God.”
Luke 1:37

“Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit”, says the Lord.
Zechariah 4:6

 “Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth 
by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard or you.”
Jeremiah 32:17

“I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?”
Jeremiah 32:27


God hears our prayers.

“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, 
he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—
we know that we have what we asked of him.”
1 John 5:14-15


God fulfills His promises.

“And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment
of what was spoken to her from the Lord.” 
Luke 1:45

“Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.”
Joshua 21:45

“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.”
Hebrews 10:23

“God will make this happen, for He who calls you is faithful.”
1 Thess 5:24


God opens doors that no man can shut.

… “What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.”
Revelation 3:7-8


God will fight for you.

“Then I said to you, ‘Do not be in dread or afraid of them.
The LORD your God who goes before you will himself fight for you, just as he did for you in Egypt before your eyes,
and in the wilderness, where you have seen how the LORD your God carried you, as a man carries his son, 
all the way that you went until you came to this place.”
Deut 1: 29


God will give you PEACE.

“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:7

“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.”
Isaiah 26:3

“Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.”
Isaiah 26:12


We must PRAY and have FAITH.

“... I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 
‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
Matthew 17:20

“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, 
believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
Mark 11:24

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”
Hebrews 11:1

“But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with patience.”
Romans 8:25


1 comment:

  1. Great song and encouraging verses. God is so amazing!I am lifting up you, Rusty, Kate and Khun Toi as often as I can. God is writing your story, and His love will be evident on every page.

    ReplyDelete