Monday, June 4, 2012

Camp Grace

Meet Carrie and Lucas Farmer. Carrie is one of my dearest friends from college, and her family created the non-profit Vision Atlanta (which puts on an incredible ministry called CAMP GRACE each summer!)



From their website :: Since 2005, Camp Grace has offered children from the at-risk communities of Georgia a week-long, overnight Christian camp experience. Through the combination of incredible challenges, relevant instruction, and encouraging mentors these children are inspired to achieve greatness. Surrounded by a beautiful, natural setting and wonderful, caring people the children have the best week of their entire summer!

I can't tell you enough good things about this ministry. Carrie and I used to meet once a week to pray for our ministries in college, and I have seen her passion for the kids she works with for years now. I've also volunteered at a couple of Vision Atlanta/Camp Grace events and I have really seen the heart behind the ministry. It thrills me to see these at-risk kids experience something as incredible as CAMP GRACE. For many of them- it's the first time they've ever heard about Jesus. It's also the first time most of them have had adults (counselors and staff) who loved them, praised them, cheered them on, and prayed for them. For children who come from very rough home lives and dangerous communities, this is their encounter with GRACE.

Today was the 1st day of the 1st camp session for Summer 2012 - so if you feel led to say a prayer for the incredible staff and volunteers there, pouring into these sweet kids, please do! (And say an extra prayer for Carrie and Lucas, who just had a baby boy last week, and are now in the full swing of running camp!)

Last summer, Rusty and I got to visit Camp Grace and put together this video for them. Somehow I didn't get around to sharing it then, so I thought I'd share it with you all now! It really explains the ministry happening at this camp, and shows off the incredible facilities the kids get to use each week!


If you would like to donate to this ministry, or want more information - click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment