Monday, October 29, 2012

It's Fall Ya'll :: Seasonal Mantle & Door Decor

Well, if it wasn't Fall before, it definitely is now! Temps just keep dropping around here, and the leaves keep falling. I've been enjoying pulling out my boots and sweaters, and decorating for the season too!

I thought I'd give you a glimpse of my seasonal decor today. We've never really had the money to decorate for anything except Christmas (the joys of a non-profit budget ;) but this Fall I was able to buy (and make) a few things that I hope to add to each year. We'll start with my mantle decor...


What do you think? I know it's simple, but I really love it! If you haven't guessed already, I used one of my favorite art sources (vintage sheet music) for my focal point. This piece is from 1917, and I just fell in LOVE with that Southern Belle in her antebellum dress!


I think the Jack-O-Lantern adds the perfect touch to make it festive but not too scary (I don't know about you, but I am not a fan of scary Halloween decor!) I got it framed at a great local shop with cheap prices, and I'm excited about using it year after year!


The big candle vases are from WalMart, as are the big Pumpkin Spice candles. I couldn't find candles anywhere that would come close to the price of those at WalMart! And I'm planning to re-use the vases as Christmas mantle decor too.


Here's one more shot at night...



Now let's move on to my Fall Door Decor, shall we? 

I honestly love burlap year-round, but something about it just screams FALL to me, so I incorporated it in my mantle decor and on my front door too!


*Note :: I realize it looks a little sad with only 1 pot of mums, but I am notorious for killing plants so we didn't buy any more. Which reminds me... I haven't watered it in a week and a half... oops! (point proven!) Plus, I have a hard time spending more than $5 or $10 on something that's going to die eventually anyway (even if I do water it. Which I probably won't. Just being honest here.) Also, I probably should've swept the porch... (umm... I mean... I meant for those leaves to be in there... they are part of my Fall Decor! Suuure... that's it.)


There are so many great wreath options, but I wanted something a little more personal to welcome our guests. This project was easy, cheap, and I adore the finished product!


*Stay tuned because tomorrow, I'll show you how to make your own Monogrammed Burlap Door Decor! And don't forget to enter my "Favorite Things" Fall Giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. Erika, I saw the COOLEST wreath for sale at our school today. (Not sure if the art teacher made it or one of our crafty Mamas). They took denim jeans with the back pocket and covered about 1/3 to 1/4 of the foam wreath form, the sleeve of a flannel shirt, with the cuff and button showing, some solid flannel and some burlap all as the form covering, then added fall leaves, little 5" scarecrows, etc to jazz it up. I will try to get a picture today at school pick-up and sent it to you.

    ReplyDelete