Friday, February 4, 2011

What's a Hullabahoo?

Okay - so this post has nothing to do with our time in Thailand, but remember how I said this blog would be a place for more personal posts about likes, interesting things, experiences, etc? Well - today I HAD to share this with you!

For those of you who don't know, I am OBSESSED with the show GLEE. After 4 years in High School Show Choir, 2 years in the Alabama All-State Show Choir and 2 years in AU Singers, it's easy to see why I adore all things show choir, glee club, musical, etc. I can sing along to almost every song the GLEE cast performs AND tell you what group I performed it with "back in the day" ;) I would give my right arm to perform with the AU Singers again - those were some of the best times of my life!

Before the AU Singers Fall Show - 2003

Getting ready to perform on The Today Show in NYC - 2003

With my partner & dear friend Evan after Spring Show 2004

So anyway - when we planned our trip to Thailand, one of the things I was sad about was missing out on GLEE. Last week when all my friends on facebook were posting quotes from the latest episode as their status update, I posted how sad I was to be missing it. Well - it just so happened that some of my friends had suggestions for online ways to watch GLEE overseas (hulu & tv.com won't play in Thailand) and after about 5 tries I finally found one that worked!!! Thank you tv-links.eu!

While we were watching The Warblers perform their "silly love songs" the other night, I had a sudden flashback to an amazing group called The Virginia Hullabahoos. An old friend introduced them to me one night in college (actually, after an AU Singers formal) and I fell in love. Their voices are beyond incredible, and what they can do as an a cappella group will absolutely amaze you!

So, after much searching, I finally found the song that introduced me to the Hullabahoos on that night about 7 years ago. It is by far the best arrangement of "Wonderful Tonight" I've ever heard, and the lead on this song has the most gorgeous voice! So check out this video (and be sure to listen all the way through). The Warblers have nothing on these guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment